Re: Bug and silly question :o)

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Bug and silly question :o)
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 13:06:22 +0200

Olivier Guéry wrote:

>         I find a bug !!
>         When i ask lily to print a  note with 1 as duration (a "ronde" in
> french,
> where is the glossary ?) lily print two bar after.

Now my silly question: Are you sure that you are in 4/4 time? If you are in 2/4
then it would be correct to add two bar-lines after the whole note.

>         Now my silly question... I'm sure it's the 150 times someone posted
> it here
> but... How can I make the space between note higher ? Just for having a more
> readable score.

Add

    \translator {
       \ScoreContext
       SpacingSpanner \override #'arithmetic-basicspace = #4
    }

To the paper block. Play around with the 4 until you get satisfacting result.
(2 is default)
(If you already have a \ScoreContext translator, just add the line to the
existing translator - don't ever create several translators with the same name.)

-Rune