Re: xdvi (and dvips) can't find the lilyponds

From: rif
Subject: Re: xdvi (and dvips) can't find the lilyponds
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 18:11:15 -0400

I'm still confused.  I ran texhash (really the same program as
mktexlsr, yes?) and now I have two different ls-R files:

/usr/share/texmf/ls-R and /usr/local/share/lilypond/lr-R

Ok, so what else do I do?  By itself, this hasn't made any difference,
I still have to get the programs to see the other font files somehow,
and I don't see how to do that.  I tried playing with the TEXMFDBS
path to tell tex-programs where to find other databases:

6:10pm 10> echo $TEXMFDBS
/usr/share/texmf/:/usr/local/share/lilypond/

But that didn't do anything useful.

Sorry to be a pain, I'd just love to get this program working and I'm
feeling completely lost.

Thanks,

rif