Re: Lilypond: Problem with fonts?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Lilypond: Problem with fonts?
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 20:27:13 +0200

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to use your program lilypond.
> But when I "compile" a file (e.g. one of the tutorials) I always I get an
> error like this:
>
> ---
> Output written on feta20.300gf (168 characters, 29812 bytes).
> Transcript written on feta20.log.
> mktextfm: /home/mren/Musik/Lilypond/feta20.tfm: successfully generated.
> Fehler: checksum mismatch for font file: `/usr/share/lilypond/afm/feta20.afm'
> does not match: `/home/mren/Musik/Lilypond/feta20.tfm'
>  TFM: 867495538 AFM: -2018456469
>  Rebuild all .afm files, and remove all .pk and .tfm files.  Rerun with -V to
> show font paths.
> ---
>
> I use SuSE Linux 7.2 which includes lilypond. I tried installing it but that
> did not help.

Is this the first time you install Lilypond or did you have an old
installation on system before? If this is the case, try to remove all
traces of the old version (in particular check the files mentioned
int the error message). Which Lilypond version do you use? Did you
compile it yourself or install an RPM?
I notice that your TeX installation generates fonts for 300dpi
printers, is it a deliberate choice of yours? I don't think it
could cause any problems even though.

   /Mats