Re: bar numbers in ChoirStaff (bug?)

From: Amelie Zapf
Subject: Re: bar numbers in ChoirStaff (bug?)
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 12:30:02 +0200

Hi Martin,

The property is Score.BarNumber, the variable is padding. I usually integrate
this in a translator section for the Score context, as follows:

        \paper {
                linewidth = 15.0\cm
                \translator { \HaraKiriStaffContext }
                \translator {
                        \ScoreContext
                        BarNumber \override #'padding = #3
                        skipBars = ##t
                }
        }

So it's not a bug, it's a feature ;-)

Regards,

Amy

On 08 September 2001 11:56, you wrote:
> Hi everone.
>
> I am new to this list, so please bear with me.
>
> I am using lilypond to typset choir music, and it is really easy and the
> output is stunning!
>
> However, there is one small detail which annoys me, and I can't fix it.
> I've looked through the manual, but I don't really understand what to
> do, which property to override.
>
> The problem is that the bar numbers collides with the staff bracket, see
> the attached image.
>
> It would be great if someone could help me fix this (which I think is a
> bug in lilypond.)
>
> Regards,
>
>       Martin

The New Testament offers the basis for modern computer coding theory,
in the form of an affirmation of the binary number system.

        But let your communication be Yea, yea; nay, nay: for
        whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.
                -- Matthew 5:37