lyrics output in MIDI file

From: Martin Norbäck
Subject: lyrics output in MIDI file
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 17:09:43 +0200

Hi all!

I played around some with timidity, playing my MIDI files, which
lilypond had created.

Then suddenly lilypond started printing out some of my lyrics! This was
a (pleasant) surprise for me, so I started playing around with it some
more. It seems the MIDI output only generates output for lyrics not
added with \addLyrics.

So my question is this: why doesn't it? I'd like this feature, but
having to change the lyrics, adding note lengths to every syllable, is a
pain.

Regards,

        Martin

--
[ http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d95mback/ ] [ PGP: 0x453504F1 ] [ UIN: 4439498 ]
    Opinions expressed above are mine, and not those of my future employees.