Re: dvips

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: dvips
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 16:47:38 +0200

> I have installed LilyPond in windows 95. When i run

Which Lilypond version? If older than 1.4.7, try the most
recent version found at www.lilypond.org.

> dvips doc.dvi
>
> I will get the message
>
> "cannot find feta source file"
>
> after the command line
>
> makemf --verbose feta20
>
> Why?

Hard to say. First of all, verify which dvips command is used:
>> command -v dvips
(should return something like /usr/lilypond/wrappers/dvips)

Next, check that the variable $WINDOWS_MFINPUTS points to the
Windows style path to the Lilypond fonts:
>> echo $WINDOWS_MFINPUTS
(should return something like C:\cygwin\usr\lilypond\share\lilypond\mf)

Otherwise I don't have any direct clues. Does yap work correctly?
Have you looked at http://lilypond.org/wiki/?TroubleshootingWindows ?

   /Mats