Re: Grace notes and slurs

From: Jérémie Lumbroso
Subject: Re: Grace notes and slurs
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 21:15:30 +0200

Hi,

DR> Still annoying problems...
DR> I have this code:
DR> \grace b8( )a4( ... )b

Using the following will help :
\grace {b8( )s} a4( ... )b

I'm  not  sure  if  the  second slur will function correctly
though.

DR> It seems to be a nasty bug on my Lilypond 1.4.2jcn2...
No,  no  bug, just a lacking functionnality that is signaled
in  the documentation. Lilypond 1.5.x has a better implemen-
tation of grace notes, and I think this is fixed (though I'm
not sure).

DR> There's a 1.5.x version for windows?
At the moment, no, and probably not. You'll have to manually
compile  the  sources (meaning setting up the whole environ-
ment)  on  your  machine,  something a lot more easier under
Linux, where usually won't have more than six ligns to type.
Somebody  with enough courage (and time & interest) is doing
an  attempt to build Lilypond on Cygwin, but I haven't heard
of a success for the moment (probably upcoming :)

--
Best regards,
 Jérémie                            mailto:address@hidden