Re: missing libraries

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: missing libraries
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 13:13:15 +0100

> On Friday 21 December 2001 10:07, you wrote:
>

> > I don't think the problem is missing libraries, rather
> > some problems with teTeX or possibly the font setup.
> >
> > Please run
> > ~> ly2dvi -V file.ly
>
> OK this generates a DVI file.

Great! I assume it looks OK and that you can use dvips to
generate a PS file that prints fine.

> > or
> > ~> lilypond file.ly
> > ~> file.tex
>
> As I wrote before, I got TeX output, and the problem was running pdflatex or
> TeX on that. I blocks early on and continues if I use RETURN but eventually
> stops without producing any output.

It should be possible to run 'tex file.tex' (sorry for the misprint
in the previous mail). Unfortunately, pdftex and pdflatex are not
supported at the moment, as far as I know. If you want a PDF file,
use dvips + ps2pdf. At http://www.s3.kth.se/~matsb/lilypond/
you can find Type1 fonts and a README file that explains how to
get PDF files that are readable also on screen.

> I have a missfont.log generated for menuet.ly, (using % tex ) which has the
> following:
>
> mktextfm  feta16
> mktextfm  feta-nummer8

You have to tell TeX where to find the Lilypond fonts.
Please read the section on "Running requirements" in
INSTALL.txt. The RPM package installs the profile files
in /etc/profile.d/. Also, see the FAQ on pk and tfm files
at http://lilypond.org/wiki/?LilyPondFaqs

    /Mats