gnu-regexp-users

[Regexp] Re: referring to subexpressions using metachars

From: Murali (Muralidharan) Narayanan
Subject: [Regexp] Re: referring to subexpressions using metachars
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 15:46:03 -0400

Hello

I have a situation where I need to refer to the subexpressions that get
substituted after a match was done. I used the substituteInto method of REMatch
class to accomplish it.
However for subexpressions greater that 9 I am unable to refer to them. In
other words, tokens are usable only from $0 through $9. $0 matches the full
substring matched; $n matches subexpression number n.

But when n > 9 I am unable to get the matched subexpression.

Any help to resolve this will be appreciated.

Thanks

Murali

"This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
of the intended recipient.  Any unauthorized review, use or distribution by
others is strictly prohibited.  If you have received the message in error,
please advise the sender by reply email @globespanvirata.com, and delete the
message. Thank you."