gnu-regexp-users

Re: [Regexp] Copyright assignment, gnu.regexp future plans

From: Richard Bullington-McGuire
Subject: Re: [Regexp] Copyright assignment, gnu.regexp future plans
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 11:12:22 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Wes Biggs wrote:

> Also, the following folks are also listed in the credits file, even if
> they technically didn't put a copyright notice on their contributions,
> and I'd like to at least do them the courtesy of notifying them about
> the proposed change:
>   Shashank Bapat
>   Richard Bullington III
>   David Crawford
>   Paul Frantz
>   Alan Moore

I certainly don't mind. You have my permission to use my contributions to
the project for GNU Classpath. It's been so long, I can't remember whether
I actually contributed code :)

I'll sign whatever assignment statement you want.

I would like to echo some of the other posters in emphasizing that it
doesn't matter whether each contributor claimed copyright; copyright as a
now springs into being automatically when a work is created and remains
with the author unless the author has an agreement with a third party
regarding the disposition of that copyright.

--
 Richard Bullington-McGuire, Managing Partner, PKR Internet, LLC
 Email: address@hidden  Web: http://pkrinternet.com/