semi-regular update

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: semi-regular update
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 17:47:48 +0100

Hi,

list has been quiet, so I think it is time for a semi-anual update.  I
have made a snapshot of the GNU system[0] and the GNU system
creator[1], please note that this is a work in progress, and do not
expect it to even boot.  The only thing that I tested is that it boots
on my system, and that is it.

In either case, there is no installer.  You have to do it manually,
I'm leaving details out on purpose, this snapshot is only meant for
people who have the time and patience to figure out how to use it;
sorry.

I have no idea when the next snapshot will happen, but I know what
should be done for it, and that is getting dmd running and starting
things.  This means being able to fsck any partitions that have been
screwed over, and starting the console.  When this is done, work on
stowfs/packagefs should begin if nobody has started working on it as
of yet.

Wolfgang, do you have any changes for dmd that are pending?  Or any
new release in the brew?

[0]: http://www.update.uu.se/~ams/gnu/gnu-2004-12-04.tar.bz2 (164MiB)
[1]:
http://www.update.uu.se/~ams/gnu/gnu-system-creator--snapshot--20041204.tar.gz