objdump for aix xcoff object file

From: David Du
Subject: objdump for aix xcoff object file
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 15:13:40 -0500

Hi, I am trying to use objdump tool to dump object file of XCOFF format, I
downloaded the gnu-0.2.tar.gz file, the objdump command from this tar file
is of version 2.15.91 20040725, I tried many options with this objdump
command, and could not find anything working, in the command objdump -b
bfdname -m machine <.o file>, what the bfdname and machine are supposed to
be? I am running on MS windows XP, I tried -b xcoff -m i386, and -b
binary -m i386 with my object .o file, but all failed and the erro msg is
Invalid bfd target for xcoff, and with binary, it said no symbol table for
the object file (this is not true).

Anybody can help me with this?

Thanks

David