Re: RFC - GNU System Distribution

From: Barry deFreese
Subject: Re: RFC - GNU System Distribution
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 21:58:22 -0400

ALASKA SUBEDI wrote:
>>What say you?
>

> I don't know how GNU is confusing. If you go at www.gnu.org, it clearly
> says that GNU is an operating system. Names such as "GnuOS" or "GnuSys"
> would create more confusion. It is also clear from the GNU Manifesto
> that it is a complete software system.
>
> I think our next steps should be helping out Alfred in releasing rocking
> version of GNU (I think he had released a version of GNU, where is
> that?) Maybe we should set out our goals for next version of GNU and
> start working on that?

Asubedi,

Yes the website states that but say GNU to anyone on the street and I
bet 99% of them tell you it is a "bunch of software" or a philosopy
moreso than an Operating System.  But what do I know?

As for the second part of your statement, that is the main goal of what
I am trying to do.  I think one of the things we are missing is some
speicific goals and direction so let's get there.  (My opinion).

Thanks,

Barry deFreese (aka bddebian)