Re: RFC - GNU System Distribution

From: Michael J. Flickinger
Subject: Re: RFC - GNU System Distribution
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 09:02:06 -0400

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 01:19:00AM -0400, Richard M. Stallman wrote:
>     Now that some code has been developed and several people subscribed to
>     this list, i would suggest to move the project infrastructure
>     (sources, snapshots, documentation, etc) to GNU machines and start the
>     development of a little webpage on www.gnu.org.
>
> Does someone want to take charge of this, and be the maintainer
> of this package?

For one, I'd be willing to spend the time and dedication to be maintainer of
the
package.

I think putting the code on GNU machines is a good idea, and for the last few
months
I have been looking at supporting GNU Arch on Savannah, but there are still some
security issues to work out with this before it could be fully implemented.
That
said, we could have a project on Savannah for this, that could be used for
putting
the webpage on the www.gnu.org webserver, to start with.

In the ideal situation, it would be nice to have another machine for Savannah,
so we
could work on implementing services like GNU Arch, and perhaps other
experimental
services.  But I'm not really pushing for another machine, though it would be
nice.
I could put Arch on Savannah ASAP, given the understanding that it would be
offered
via sftp and that those with project access would be able to modify the
repository's
changesets.

--
Michael J. Flickinger