Re: GNU System Channel

From: Luis F. Araujo
Subject: Re: GNU System Channel
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:09:32 -0400

Barry deFreese wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel Martin" <address@hidden>
To: "Michael J. Flickinger" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 7:03 AM

On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 10:37 -0400, Michael J. Flickinger wrote:

If you feel there is a real need for a new channel, I guess I like the sound of
#gnu-system.

When you could have the comedy value of #gnudist or #gnu-dist?! :-P

Though seriously I think that #gnu is the most appropriate place.

Daniel.

I'm sorry but I disagree only from the history of #gnu. It is typically a flamefest of Free Software zealotry and have very little to do with the actual "GNU System".

#gnu is the official GNU project IRC channel on irc.gnu.org , so i think it would make a lot of sense using it, where we could receive both users and developers, and if in the future we need to make a better distinction between these two, we could also use #gnu-devel.

i have been on that channel for quite a time, and seriously, i don't know
where you brought all that 'flamefest' stuff from.

Cheers,