Re: When can we expect a version 1.0 of the GNU Operating System?

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: When can we expect a version 1.0 of the GNU Operating System?
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 05:01:09 -0500

   > I know, since 1983.  Tying together the missing bits is a
   > laudable effort, but it is not the most pressing effort of the
   > GNU project.

   There is no such thing as "most pressing effort" for a group of
   volunteers.

You are confusing issues, I was explicitly talking about what the goal
of the GNU project is, and that is to free users non-free software.
As indivuduals we might have other goals.  It should also be noted
that "high priority" is not the same thing as "more important", nobody
is saying GUIX is unimportant!