Re: What to call Guix

From: Taylan Ulrich Bayırlı/Kammer
Subject: Re: What to call Guix
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 14:00:42 +0100

address@hidden (Alfred M. Szmidt) writes:

> I think GSD is a terrible name, it is neither fun or cute.  How about
> simply calling the system for Guix -- a very good and original name,
> and renaming the package manager to Ging -- Ging Is Not Guix.  Or Guix
> Package Managr, GPM -- makes more sense to the user.

I'm afraid the topic has been closed after there was near unanimous
consent on GSD. :-)

The name is also relatively unimportant in my opinion, because it's GNU
what we need to emphasize, so a dry, short, easy to pronounce name like
GSD (also with a dry and descriptive expansion) is absolutely fine.

Taylan