gnu3dkit-discuss

Re: [Gnu3dkit-discuss] GL slang draft

From: Gerard Iglesias
Subject: Re: [Gnu3dkit-discuss] GL slang draft
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 16:08:58 +0100

On Saturday, March 1, 2003, at 03:00 PM, Philippe C.D. Robert wrote:

subset of the RenderMan Shading Language. These shaders will have to be mapped to the renderer, so in the case of OGL this might be via slang -

Ok from this pov I agree completely, I have started to read the doc and it is directly related to OGL 2.0, I read their preliminary specs docs last year and found a very good approach, I think that it would be very smart to use it at the low level impl.

It is the reason I was thinking at a first glance that our own shading language and glslang is not at the same level.

Then ok to put glslang use in the 3DKit project :)

Best regards

        Gerard