gnuastro-devel

[gnuastro-devel] [task #14122] MakeCatalog only generate clump catalogs

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [gnuastro-devel] [task #14122] MakeCatalog only generate clump catalogs when specified in objects image
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 14:41:30 +0000 (UTC)

Update of task #14122 (project gnuastro):

        Percent Complete:                      0% => 100%

Follow-up Comment #1:

The process was completed and is now pushed to
<http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnuastro.git/commit/?id=0c30450910450b96a90458f12a3eafb405d61462>
the main repository. A test was also added for this job (setting the total
number of tests to 41). So if you get the chance to compile, build and test
this version, any feedback would be most welcome ;-).

The procedure involved more than just MakeCatalog. Since MakeCatalog expects
integer types (short, long for example) for its object label images. So an
option was also added to MakeProfiles so the user could set the output type of
the image.

Maybe later we can add a utility to do such data type conversions on an input
image (maybe as part of ConvertType, or maybe not, I am still thinking about
it) in a systematic and robust manner so we don't have to rely on adding
options to all the cases that might need it. So if you have any ideas, please
share them ;-).

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?14122>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/