gnuastro-devel

[gnuastro-devel] [task #14124] Include correlated noise and aperture err

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [gnuastro-devel] [task #14124] Include correlated noise and aperture errors
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 11:18:48 +0000 (UTC)

Update of task #14124 (project gnuastro):

noise and aperture errors

Follow-up Comment #1:

The first part of this task (to add a magnitude error column) has been pushed
<http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnuastro.git/commit/?id=59e2e7728abe6a60c84cf189a6e2907afae8fe74>
to the repo.

As explained in the commit message, this does not complete the issue, because
we have to find good ways to include correlated noise and aperture estimation
errors in the magnitude error (and the S/N) value too. So the task is still
open.

But since I can't work on it right now, the status is marked as postponed, and
the 30% progress is just an arbitrary value signifying that the column is
made, but work still remains. If you would like to work on it while I am
occupied, please leave a comment here and assign the task to your self ;-).

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?14124>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/