gnuastro-devel

[gnuastro-devel] [bug #51559] Arithmetic with one file and no operators

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [gnuastro-devel] [bug #51559] Arithmetic with one file and no operators
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 10:54:30 -0400 (EDT)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: makhlaghi
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

When Arithmetic is run with only one image and no operators it crashes. This
is because of the behavior we have defined for efficiency: an image is only
actually read into memory when it is ready to be operated on by an operator,
not when it is confronted. In this way, when processing a large number of
files, at any moment only the ones that are actually being operated on are in
memory.

So when there is no operator, the contents of the image are not read into
memory and we get a segmentation fault. I am now working on a solution to this
problem.

Cases like this (when there is only one file operand and no operator) can
happen in scripts.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?51559>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/