gnucap-devel

Re: [Gnucap-devel] qucs parser

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] qucs parser
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 21:50:15 -0500

On Tuesday 17 January 2012, Fabian Vallon wrote:
> I'm trying to implement a language module for qucs.

Thank you!!!!

I was just starting to look into doing  that myself, but if you
can do it I can do something else.  Enabling gnucap to work in
the qucs environment will be very valuable.

> However, it appears, that the bm module parses the argument
> list for a device, using obsolete_callback(). Does this
> mean, I have to modify the bm module as well? Where would be
> the right place to implement this part?

You shouldn't need to.

obsolete_callback() is a throwback to old code, made before I
had thought of the concept of language plugins.  Back then, all
parsing was done in the device modules, or in things like the
"bm" modules, which modify the behavior of a parent device.

As of now, everything except the "bm" modules has been moved
away from it.  Eventually, it will be removed completely, but
that can't be done yet.

The missing pieces are the functions set_param_by_index,
set_param_by_name, param_is_printable, param_name, param_value.
They need to be added to the bm modules.  They will be
eventually.  Some of the bm modules have arrays of parameters,
which are not yet accomodated by the new system.