gnucap-devel

Re: [Gnucap-devel] git repo proposal

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] git repo proposal
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 17:06:25 +0200

On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 09:18:22AM -0500, Kevin Zheng wrote:
> I think you might be looking for something along the lines of automatic
> keyword expansion, which makes the VCS automatically inject a timestamp
> into the $Id$ in the file.

that's possible with hooks, yes. but as far as i know, they cannot be
global..

another thought: remove patchlev.h from git and add something like

patchlev.h: .
        echo -m "#define PATCHLEVEL \"" > $@
        whatever-command | tr \n " >> $@

to the respective makefiles? wouldn't require either git-hooks or
configure hacking...

regards
felix