gnucap-devel

Re: [Gnucap-devel] Gnucap Integrated waveform displayer Details

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] Gnucap Integrated waveform displayer Details
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 10:54:55 +0200

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 10:25:47PM -0400, al davis wrote:
> It seems to me that a plot already displayed should stay
> displayed, but you cannot do any more with it.

it would be fun to be able to work with plots in some way or other.
something like this would be useful (beware of pseudo code and random
syntax):

> .store tran <stuff>
> .param p 0
> .plot <whatever>
(plotting to #1)
> .tran <something>
> for p in 1 .. 10 step 1 do
> .tran <something>
> .plot <whetever> >>#1
> done

similarly, the plot window should allow some interaction on graphs, like
change colors, style or delete them. (read: it should be possible to
add these features some day).

> A simpler way is to save a tran set, an ac set, etc .. but that
> would overwrite when you run the same command again.

one set of waves for each simulation type does not really improve the
situation. why not just copy a wave to the gtk process as-needed and
attach a meaningful identifier? this is still a hundred times better
than brute-force store everything, like other simulators do.

(i daresay copying around waves with identifiers might also be
interesting for other commands. but lets not open a new projects here.)

cheers
felix