gnucap-devel

Re: [Gnucap-devel] Make file warning

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] Make file warning
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 01:04:28 -0400

On Friday 20 June 2014, Abhinav singh wrote:
> When i am trying to run make file its showing warning in the
> code segment which is not written by me.
>
> /usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm/arrayhandle.h: In
> instantiation of ‘std::size_t
> Glib::Container_Helpers::compute_array_size(const T*) [with
> T = int; std::size_t = long unsigned int]’:
> /usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm/arrayhandle.h:683:74:   requir
> ed from here
> /usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm/arrayhandle.h:43:23: warning:
> conversion to ‘std::size_t {aka long unsigned int}’ from
> ‘long int’ may change the sign of the result
> [-Wsign-conversion]
>
> What should i do now?

If you "commmit" what you have, others can look at it.

Remember ...  "WIP" branches are workspaces, not necessarily
working.  It is quite reasonable to "commit" non-working code
and asking for help.

The non-WIP non-master branches are really also work in
progress, but are mature enough to say "it works for me!  I
think it is good.  What do you think?"

Regarding this particular warning ...  One possibility is that
the glibmm code quality isn't as good as it should be.

More likely, there is a mismatch in how you called some library
function that eventually calls that one inside.  This is one of
the ugly parts of the C++ header system.

Often you will see a long chain of "included from here"
connecting that to where you called it.  Trace it back to your
code.  Most likely there is a type mismatch there.