gnucap-devel

Re: [Gnucap-devel] plugpath branch

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] plugpath branch
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 16:27:31 -0500

On Sat, 21 Jan 2017 13:22:37 +0100
Felix Salfelder <address@hidden> wrote:
> so, i am getting RUNPATH, and it is not used to resolve transitive
>
> "plugpath+" does not require transitive depdendency resolution.

Inconsistency ..  one distro is different from another .. not good.

> what i do not see is how "-rpath" does not break (=override)
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH in your setup. i understand that you are not affected by
> the behaviour change above, and it sets RPATH in your gnucap executable.
> a set RPATH *always* broke LD_LIBRARY_PATH for me (as documented).

"Override" (comes before) is not "break" (fails to find it), but I
agree with you that what it does is less than ideal.

I think where this is going is to indicate the need for a different
approach.

So look at plugpath-2 as a different approach.  This one uses
gnucap-conf to specify where to find the plugins.  This is proof of
concept only.  There are coding issues that need to be fixed, but let
me know if you agree with the approach.

For the real code .. I am thinking to extend the CS (ap.h) class to add
another kind of constructor that reads from a pipe, then use it here
(and other places) to get config info from gnucap-conf.

I thought of reading a config file, but how do you find it?