[open-cobol-list] Error: ./hello: relocation error: ./hello: undefined s

From: Thorsten Müller
Subject: [open-cobol-list] Error: ./hello: relocation error: ./hello: undefined symbol: cob_source_line
Date: Fri Nov 1 09:47:16 2002

Hello List,
i'm new to this list and i've just started with cobol.
I installed open-cobol on my debian box.
I wrote the hello world program as mentioned on the
open-cobol homepage.

IDENTIFICATION DIVISION.
PROGRAM-ID. hello.
PROCEDURE DIVISION.
DISPLAY "Hello World!".
STOP RUN.

cobc -main hello.cob doesn't return any failure.

But when i run ./hello i retrieve the following:
./hello: relocation error: ./hello: undefined symbol: cob_source_line

I searched on google but didn't find anything.

Sorry if this question was asked before.

I would be glad for any tip.

Regards
Thorsten