[open-cobol-list] request for examples: embedded SQL

From: Polscheit, Frank
Subject: [open-cobol-list] request for examples: embedded SQL
Date: Tue Nov 4 06:29:15 2003

Hi all,
I am trying to establish a experimental working environment based on MinGW and OpenCOBOL as an alternativ to a host z/OS approach. As a database, I'm using MySQL and I have downloaded and installed the sql-libraries for access (http://www63.tok2.com/home/bitwalk/src/libcobc-mysql-0.1.zip). Unfortunately, most of these web-pages are in Japanese, I can't read.

Does anybody have Cobol code examples in using this SQL-Libraries?

I assume, CALL "sql_xxxxx" USING yyy, zzzz statements are necessary for direct function calls of the related C coded SQL-functions instead of embedded SQL like EXEC SQL …. May be, someone has already written a preprocessor, so that standard EXEC SQL can be used?

Has someone experiences in using other relational databases together with OpenCobol / SQL, e.g. via non-proprietary via ODBC/JDBC?

Thank's and bye,
Frank