RE: Re: [open-cobol-list] redefines problem

From: William M. Klein
Subject: RE: Re: [open-cobol-list] redefines problem
Date: Mon Mar 1 15:44:04 2004

both the YYYYMMDD and YYYYDDD "keywords" were added in the 2002 Standard
(for the ACCEPT statment) - many (most?) vendors added this feature (as an
extension to the '85 Standard) to deal with the Y2K problem.  I know it is
accepted by both MF and IBM - I am not certain how many others already
support it.  It *must* be supported in a 2002 conforming compiler.