RE: [open-cobol-list] Re: feature request: MOVE NON-INTEGER TO ALPHA-NUM

From: William M. Klein
Subject: RE: [open-cobol-list] Re: feature request: MOVE NON-INTEGER TO ALPHA-NUMERIC (MF-EXTENSION)
Date: Fri Mar 5 16:58:07 2004

Please see:

http://supportline.microfocus.com/supportline/documentation/books/ocds42/oc4
2indx.htm

Error messages issued by the Compiler are classed according to their
severity, as follows:

Severity
----
 Description
----

Unrecoverable  Indicates a fatal error
Severe  Indicates an error that the Compiler was unable to correct.
Compilation continues, but the statement at fault is not compiled
Error  Indicates an error that the Compiler has tried to correct
Warning  Flags a statement that although is syntactically correct can
contain a possible error
Informational  Draws your attention to something in your source code you
should be aware of

The Compiler returns a value to the operating system to show the most severe
type of message it issued. The possible severity and the corresponding
return values are shown in the following table:

Severity
----
 Return Value
----

        Unrecoverable   16
        Severe                          12
        Error                   8
        Warning                         4
        Informational  See INFORETURN directive
        No messages  0"

Are you giving an 8 - return-code for this compile?