[open-cobol-list] Linking Question

From: Michael Rauter
Subject: [open-cobol-list] Linking Question
Date: Tue Apr 20 05:00:03 2004

Hi

I'm trying to migrate our business application from MicroFocus Cobol to opencobol.
This application contains about 2000 Cobol modules and some 100 C modules.
Now I'm trying to link the modules together but I only have the options static and dynamic. If I choose static, I have to complile all modules as static, which is not what I want. If I choose dynamic, I can't call the C modules which are in some static libraries. Is there a method to link a static C function library in an "runtime-pool" which is "visible" for the dynamic linked Cobol modules ? Do I have to build a dynamic C library ? And how can I register the C functions to the Cobol programs ?

Regards
Michael Rauter