RE: [open-cobol-list] CVS updated (3)

From: Roger While
Subject: RE: [open-cobol-list] CVS updated (3)
Date: Mon Nov 22 02:20:05 2004

Actually, Bill, I think we are still not getting it right.
Taking a look at 2002 clarifies some points for me (I think) -
If :
a) There is no FILE STATUS
AND
b) There is a USE declarative on INPUT|OUTPUT|IO|EXTEND
AND
c) There is no other USE declarative active on the file

THEN - The USE only takes effect on the OPEN of the file and
not for subsequent statements. If an error occurs on these subsequent
statements, then I believe we should should terminate the program.
Therefore, in the case above, after a successful open of the file involved
we should reset the individual file error handler to the default error handler.
Comments ?

Roger

At 18:12 01.11.2004 -0600, you wrote:
Are you saying that if there is USE declarative but no File Status defined, that the program will terminate (after processing the USE declarative)? If
so, this is NOT Standard.