[open-cobol-list] OC and MinGW

From: Roger While
Subject: [open-cobol-list] OC and MinGW
Date: Wed Jun 1 06:32:01 2005

Just done a quick test on MSYS/MinGW stable.
First, get the prerequisites :
http://www.sim-basis.de/mingwlibs.tar.gz
Contents :
bin/
bin/libltdl-3.dll
include/
include/db.h
include/gmp.h
include/ltdl.h
include/regex.h
lib/
lib/libdb.a
lib/libgmp.a
lib/libgmp.la
lib/libltdl.a
lib/libltdl.dll.a
lib/libltdl.la
lib/libregex.a

Go to the installed MinGW directory and extract :
tar xzf mingwlibs.tar.gz

Grab the OC release :
http://www.sim-basis.de/ocnew.tar.gz
Go to your home directory and extract :
tar xzf ocnew.tar.gz
Go to ocnew directory.
./configure --with-db
make
make install
make check

The check should give one failure. (Expected)

Note - I hacked the OC library to force stdin, stdout, stderr and line
sequential files into binary mode. Otherwise we would not get any successful
test because of carriage returns.

Without looking too much at the results, it would appear that we can struggle through the Cobol85 tests. It is expected that some will fail because of the BDB version (1.xx). The shell seems to have problems interpreting the optimizer parameters. Not sure why.
Edit tests/cobol85/Makefile :
Change "-- -O" to "-O"

Roger