Re: [open-cobol-list] INITIALIZE Question

From: Alain Lucari
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] INITIALIZE Question
Date: Thu Jun 2 13:27:33 2005

Hi all,

In my idea, the error is to think that
you can have ONE cobol compiler wich do
the same that many others.

If you change your compiler from *M*F* to
*Acu* or *Acu* to *M*F* or others
YOU CAN CHANGE SOMETINGS IN YOURS CODE

Keisuke is very good (many guys have tried
to made a cobol compiler but nobody have a
a good result) but I think that it is not possible
to emulate all the cobol compilers in one
or, at less too much difficult.

So, if you would use Open-Cobol, do the
same thing that you must do if you change,
"with some money", from a "commercial" compiler for an other :
test your code and do what is necessary.

Other thing : it is so easy with O-C to call
"system" that I don't undertand for what you are
so excited about something like "intrinsic functions"
this is not easy with any commercial compiler.

Ok, it is good if this work (for how many peoples)
but if you destroy the compiler what is the benefit ?

Le Thu, 2 Jun 2005 19:00:51 +0200
address@hidden a écrit:

> Hello All,
>
> I wonder if the INITIALIZE works correctly.
>
> The output is different using mf instead of OpenCobol:
>
> using mf (windows):
> MEM-LAST-I (1)=+0000
> MEM-LAST-I (2)=+0000
>
> using OpenCobol: