RE: [open-cobol-list] COPY of FD.

From: Bill Klein
Subject: RE: [open-cobol-list] COPY of FD.
Date: Wed Aug 3 14:37:32 2005

What you are using is a (fairly) old technique - valid in the '68 - but not
the '74 or '85 COBOL Standards.

Change:
   FD  MENU-FILE COPY "menu.cpy".

    COPY "menu.cpy".

and it should work fine.

For those not familiar with this technique, see:
  http://www.emunix.emich.edu/info/cobol/books/atexam.htm

and look for
  "6.4 COPY (ANSI'68 or LANGLVL(1) Variation)"