Re: [open-cobol-list] Record Locking

From: John R. Culleton
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Record Locking
Date: Mon Aug 29 06:33:23 2005

On Monday 29 August 2005 07:37 am, Jim Morcombe wrote:
> Is record locking supported by Open Cobol?
>
> I am getting an error mesage on my READ statements:
>
> /usr/local/robust_source/robust/IO_Routines/GLTRAN-IO:173: syntax error,
> unexpected WITH
>
> and also on my UNLOCK statements:
> :365: `UNLOCK' reserved word, but not supported yet
>
> Jim

I keep both Open COBOL and Tiny COBOL available on my Linux
system. If something goes crazy on Open COBOL then I test the
same program on Tiny COBOL. If it works with that compiler then
the feature is not ready for prime time on OC.

--
John Culleton
Books with answers to marketing and publishing questions:

Book coaches, consultants and packagers: