Re: [open-cobol-list] Binary for MSWindows.

From: Andy Ball
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Binary for MSWindows.
Date: Sat Sep 10 19:08:11 2005

Hello John,

  JRC> The only version of OpenCOBOL I see is the source
     > version which must be compiled. So I have three
     > questions:
     >
     > 1. Is there an available .exe for MSWindows systems?

If there is, I couldn't find it.  I'm currently taking an
introductory COBOL class and found that none of my class
-mates had a working COBOL compiler at home (or, as it turns
out, at college). Since some of them are MS Windows users, I
tried to build OpenCOBOL using gcc under MinGW, but that
proved impractical.  I have resorted to giving them user
accounts on a NetBSD machine that has OpenCOBOL installed. I
drag that to college on COBOL days.

  JRC> 2. If not, can I compile one and redistribute it for
     >    free of course from a web site?

I know some students who would be pleased if that were
possible.

- Andy Ball