Re: [open-cobol-list] Question about assignment in translated C by OpenC

From: John R. Culleton
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Question about assignment in translated C by OpenCOBOL
Date: Mon Nov 7 10:27:15 2005

On Sunday 06 November 2005 08:49 am, henry wang wrote:
> I have soloved this assignment using cob_move(..)
>
> >Why do you use packed decimal for this?
>
> This is a legacy COBL program  written by another peple. I donĀLt know why.
>
> I try to translated to C, then make interface with another program.
>
> V is for decimal position.
>
> Henry

If the assumed decimal point is to the right of the last digit
then the V is superfluous.

It seems to me you are comfortable with C but not with COBOL.
What is there about the application that requires C? Could the
whole application be done in COBOL?

--
John Culleton
Books with answers to marketing and publishing questions:

Book coaches, consultants and packagers: