Re: [open-cobol-list] OC issues (more)

From: Alain Lucari
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] OC issues (more)
Date: Wed Jan 18 11:10:03 2006

Sergey,

Keep cool,
I am not straffing you, BUT all the times I have buy a new compiler
I should must make some changes in my programs because no two works same.
I have writed on the list, some times ago; that if you wishes to use
an other compiler you, perhaps made some changes in your programms
unless if they are very well writed ;-) this is rarely the case !

Perhaps it is not you who have written this strange cobol, but
dont ask to change OC : correct the program and test it on main frame
AS400 and others; it should work better ! and work on any plateform with OC
IMO, no one compiler may  works using the errors accepted by others
and I am very happy of to work OC. If you aren't dont use it, else
make what you must do for use it.
I well know (I suppose ?) the prices of MF and Acu, for compiler more
many things with what you have nothing to do) for what I use OC
See how much persons have tried to make a free cobol compiler ...
only Keisuke had make one working, so don't critic use it as it works.

Le Wed, 18 Jan 2006 12:47:12 -0500
"Sergey Kashyrin" <address@hidden> a écrit:

> Alain,
>
> > If Sergey may test his (bad) programs with all the compilers on
> > the market for why he wish to use OC ? Just in order to write that
> > something not work ?
>
> I'm not going to use OC on mainframe or AS400 but for other
> platforms (especially RS6000) I recommend to check the price of
> Microfocus runtime licensing (what the bastards to charge for
> runtime at all !!!)
>
> Regards,
> Sergey

Bets regards,