Re: [open-cobol-list] Non-Standard Level numbers

From: Sergey Kashyrin
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Non-Standard Level numbers
Date: Wed Jan 18 16:45:02 2006

Bill,

Thanks for the reference. Unfortunately I don't feel that it is correct
explanation of the reality.
I've implemented that in a little bit different way in OC but I think it's
valid.
I'm inserting a fake FILLER instead of pushing the level for a variable.
i.e.
01 A.
   05 B.
        10 C PIC X.
  04 D.
        05 E PIC X.

will be converted to
01 A.
  04 FILLER.
   05 B.
        10 C PIC X.
  04 D.
        05 E PIC X.

IBM explanation is that D will go to the same level as B. But they've left out
of discussion what will happen to E in this case.

Regards,
Sergey

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Klein" <address@hidden>