Re: [open-cobol-list] Re : CALL SYSTEM OR CALL "SYSTEM"

From: Alain Lucari
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Re : CALL SYSTEM OR CALL "SYSTEM"
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 20:51:37 +0100

Hello Roger,

Le Fri, 19 Jan 2007 23:31:04 +0100
Roger While <address@hidden> a écrit:

> Following for 0.33 -
>
> The prefered way is to CALL "SYSTEM"
> upper-case. Why -
> It checks that you have a parameter.
> It checks that the parameter is valid.
> It does a check that the param is null-teminated.
Thats new ?

> It will ultimately check for screen I/O and
> change/return before/after the call.
>
> Roger

I have used sometimes "call 'system' using ...." without null
(no many times because i have my own library for manies calls
with null terminated : more easy for call "C" progs, unless to give
the lenght of the call data, more difficult to use in Cobome or in C)
and this works perfectly with my old version of OC (0.23.19)
wich I works because not any times for testing all new version.
In a old time I have somes mails with Keisuke in order to convert
all the char in upper-case, but perhaps not all between "." or ','.
As soon as possible I sahel test a newer version of OC, but it should be
interesting to have the "CHANGES" ...
I well know the problem for developpers to write documentation,
(I write myself some programs, for what I use OC, and the users asks
for more ...) but this is very important.

best regards,
--
Alain Lucari (Eurlix)
Je sais pourquoi tant de gens aiment couper du bois.