Re: [open-cobol-list] Declaratives in OC

From: Bill Klein
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Declaratives in OC
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 16:48:35 -0500

I don't know if this is TOO general or if it would be helpful, but the IBM
Programmer Guide has info at:
   http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/igy3pg32/1.8.4

and

  http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/igy3lr31/8.1.22

"SELECT OPTIONAL (and file status "05" and how/when non-existent files are
created is a little more complex.  I couldn't' (quickly) find an
"introduction" to this - but someone else may.