Re: [open-cobol-list] I'd like to contribute to OC

From: Domain Admin
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] I'd like to contribute to OC
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 10:25:32 -0500

There are a couple of good options to get involved.

First of course hit the forums at http://www.opencobol.org/

However, a lot of us hang out on http://www.add1tocobol.com

This is a group of developers advocating COBOL in general, but
OpenCobol specifically. It's our "compiler of choice." And soon will
be the compiler of choice in the industry. While roger continues to work
on the compiler, a lot of the devs on add1 are adding a great many
extensions to OC.  So this is a good place to get started. If you are
skilled in C, Roger definitely would like help on the compiler itself
Further though, he has given specifics on how to write extensions, so
that later, they may be folded directly into the compiler if he feels they
are worthy.

We meet in chat every day, and we have official once a week meetings
on Sunday (see my sig for more details...in full).

The chat is at: http://www.add1tocobol.com/chat.php

Again see my sig if you want to get there without going to the web,  but
through your own chat client.

Look forward to meeting you
Kind Regards,