Re: [open-cobol-list] Learning Cobol

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Learning Cobol
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2010 15:08:25 -0600

Open Cobol is like most other Cobol compilers, in terms of standards anyway. I think Open Cobol adheres to most ANSI85 standards, so using other Cobol references should be sufficient. Most Cobol compilers all have there own extensions, which I try to stay away from.

Try going to:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=cobol+manual+pdf&aq=1&oq=cobol+manual&aqi=g4

Or:
http://www.cobug.com/

Michael Anderson,
J3k Solutions
Sr.Systems Programmer/Analyst

Keith Clark wrote:
Is there a good online course to learn openCOBOL?  Something complete
with exercises and the like.  Also, is there a certification program for
COBOL?

Thanks!

Keith