Re: [open-cobol-list] Compiling - status "make check" on AIX 5.3 64 Bits

From: Gilles Crebassa
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Compiling - status "make check" on AIX 5.3 64 Bits
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 12:23:22 +0100

Hi Sergey,

I have solved the issue in the compilation.
Here find the syntax.log

I have initialized LDFLAGS and CFLAGS before make

2011/1/28 Sergey Kashyrin <address@hidden>
Hi Gilles,

Unfortunately I can admit that GCC on AIX is buggy and I've never succeeded to create a real good build on AIX with GCC.
You need to use IBM XLC if you want reliable environment, and even more than that, you need to use "--no-computed-goto" in some (or better all) cases, or put this as a default.
Otherwise even XLC is going to fail to compile large Cobol programs.

Regards,
Sergey