[open-cobol-list] CobCurses 0.96 Available

From: Warren Gay
Subject: [open-cobol-list] CobCurses 0.96 Available
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 12:55:49 -0500

While I am not actively maintaining cobcurses at this time, there seems to be continued use and downloads for the project. It has been recently pointed out to me that it fails to compile with the Open Cobol 1.1 build due to certain identifier strings exceeding 32 characters in length.

This problem and a bug (on some platforms) related to converting text to COMP-1 has been corrected. I have updated the CVS repository and made a new downloadable release file available as cobcurses-0.96.tar.gz on SF. See the ChangeLog file for the list of identifiers that have name changes. Some are just paragraph names, and will not affect existing code.

So for those interested, see the download directory at: https://sourceforge.net/projects/cobcurses/files/cobcurses/0.96/

Thanks, Warren