Re: [open-cobol-list] Library "super" procedure.

From: Patrick
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Library "super" procedure.
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 09:44:03 -0400

Hi Fred

Yes thanks, that was totally wrong.

If you can stand looking at a little more untested trash code...

I am still trying to think through designing nice wrappers for C libraries.

Do you think it would be logical to do something like this

88 "Function-Foo"
88 "Function-Poo"
88 "Function-Doo"

and have their top level parent marked as external.

Then in the procedure section have something like

 EVALUATE Which
          WHEN "Function-Foo" CALL "foo"
          WHEN "Function-poo" CALL "poo"
          WHEN "Function-doo" CALL "doo"
 END-EVALUATE.

I suppose this is sort a dispatcher procedure that will call other procedures.

Does this make any sense?

Honestly, I don't smoke(anything) or drink, I really just have trouble explaining myself :)

Thanks again-Patrick