[open-cobol-list] Possible to build 64 bit Solaris x86 OpenCobol 1.1?

From: Peter Klosky
Subject: [open-cobol-list] Possible to build 64 bit Solaris x86 OpenCobol 1.1?
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 08:19:00 -0700 (PDT)

Dear OpenCobol Community,

While OpenCobol 1.1 does compile and run on Solaris 10 x86, the default build produced 32 bit executables and libraries.  The configure/Makefile set that comes with OpenCobol does not appear to support the standard ABI=64 argument.

Any ideas how to proceed?

Oracle 11gr2 came with 64 bit libraries.  At present, I am trying to tweak the Makefiles that came with OpenCobol 1.1, with only limited success.  I did manage a 64 bit compile of the opencobol libraries, but could not assemble them into .so and .a formats.  I have not used "libtool" previously.

Should I send more detail?

Any comments at all are appreciated.  Thanks for building OpenCobol,

Peter Klosky
Fairfax, VA, USA