[open-cobol-list] REQUEST FOR ADVICE: autotest tools

From: Joe Robbins
Subject: [open-cobol-list] REQUEST FOR ADVICE: autotest tools
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 15:21:28 +0000

I am trying to run GNU COBOL make check. The problem I have is that my LINUX autotest software is out of date. (The tests for REPORT WRITER reference AT_SKIP_IF(true) which is a macro introduced recently - well just a few years ago.)

Looking for the latest autotest package, I get bogged down with autotest-server, autotest-client, autotest-web and MySQL db!

Please, can anyone advise me on the fastest way to update the macros like AT_SKIP_IF and AT_CAPTURE_FILE? Which software is resolving these macros? A web reference would be great.

The symptoms are that the unidentified macro (AT_SKIP_IF) is carried into the file "testsuite" and then produces a "Possibly unidentified macro" error.

Joe Robbins