Re: [open-cobol-list] open-cobol-list Digest, Vol 80, Issue 1

From: Simon Sobisch
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] open-cobol-list Digest, Vol 80, Issue 1
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 21:08:44 +0200

Joe Robbins wrote:

> I am trying to run GNU COBOL make check. The problem I have is that my
> LINUX autotest software is out of date. (The tests for REPORT WRITER
> reference AT_SKIP_IF(true) which is a macro introduced recently - well
> just a few years ago.)
>
> Looking for the latest autotest package, I get bogged down with
> autotest-server, autotest-client, autotest-web and MySQL db!
>
> Please, can anyone advise me on the fastest way to update the macros
> like AT_SKIP_IF and AT_CAPTURE_FILE? Which software is resolving these
> macros? A web reference would be great.
>
> The symptoms are that the unidentified macro (AT_SKIP_IF) is carried
> into the file "testsuite" and then produces a "Possibly unidentified
> macro" error.
>
> Joe Robbins
make check should not rebuild the testsuite (at least if you got a
tarball). As long as you don't add other tests.
For running the testsuite just get it out of svn and maybe touch
tests/testsuite for make to not rebuild it.

And to the question asked:
autotest if part of the autoconf package which is available at
http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/#downloading (where the manual is
available, too)

Simon